Tuesday, July 14, 2009

How I Roll

For seven years you have been one my truest and most faithful companions. You have served to protect me, carry me and support me in many endeavors. You were a huge risk and investment and have proved to be absolutely worth every bit of blood, sweat and tears that I have poured into you. Your gentleness at times can be compared to none other and then...at times... it has been nearly obsolete which by all merits was completely warranted for my sheer stupidity and negligence. I have entrusted you with my most valuable possessions and I am not just talking about that gorgeous black dress or my favorite lamp, but my dearest friends and family. Together we have traveled many miles cross land and sea (I recall some unbelievable ferry trips) and made memories that will last an eternity. You have held me when I cried and when I have laughed. You listened to my disastrous renditions of everything from Merle Haggard to Madonna to Amy Grant. We have shared every Holiday for the last seven years together. Late nights and early morning, sunsets and sunrises, shopping trips, road trips, weddings, funerals.

Oh, my sweet, sweet truck....I am so glad to have you home!

Thanks to all of the hard work of the angels over at Circle D Transmission, I have been reunited with my truest of all loves.


And I vow never to complain about that rattle in the back or the window that has a mind of its own and only operates when the conditions are perfect or the CD player that eats my CD's. I will forever or at least for the next 12 months because we all know my track record with long term relationships or anything remotely close to the word "forever" love and cherish you, in the good times and the bad, and vow to have the tranny serviced as regularly as I get my hair cut and colored.


So, I'll crank up the tunes, roll down one window, position that object in the rear that rattles so loudly exactly right and keep on keepin' on in the Explorer. Because that's just how I roll.

1 comment:

JaeRob said...

Glad to hear you got your truck back!! I know the feeling. I mean, not with a truck, but with one of many hand me down cars :-)