Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Thankgiving Introduction

Another introduction.


Meet Jori. She's 30. Bet you couldn't have guessed that.

She will probably kill me for putting that on here. But, she will love seeing herself on here more so I am pretty sure I'll be in the clear.


She's foxy. Don't you think? And smart. This was at her graduation party to celebrate finishing her Master's. It's not in math. BUT she loves math. I mean really, really loves math. She's not just good at it, but she has a passion for it like I can't even describe. It baffles me. But seriously, how cool is a girl who is foxy and loves math? Cool to the millionth degree, my friends.



She has a sweet tooth. No, I am NOT kidding! I wouldn't do that to you. Rarely will you find her without a stash of M&M's or Reese's cups tucked in her purse, car console, pockets, dresser drawers, kitchen cabinets, or pretty much any little crevice she can find to stash a little chocolate goodness.



Hello. You say you are a Tech fan? Nope. Not even close. Jori is Tech. No Phoenix here. Only Tech. It runs in her veins.

Know what else she loves. Dancing. She has a special fondness for synchronized dancing. So much so that she became a certified Jazzercize instructor this summer.




Unfortunately, my picture library doesn't have any of her dancing moments captured. But here we are after a night of dancing. We don't get to play often, but we play hard when we do. Can you tell?

Along with her fondness for dancing she has an unwavering love of music. This might be the one thing that took me most by surprise when getting to know this sweet friend of mine. She tends to lean toward the left a little on her selection of music. Her most current playlist probably includes a little Jay-Z, Rhianna, Lil' Wayne, Kanye, 50 Cent...shocked much? I was.




Other things that are important to know about her: 


Her heart belongs to Jesus. She LOVES Christmas. There is a soft spot in her for mission work in Russia. She adores shopping. Sometimes she thinks her mom can't hear her, but she can. She has excellent taste in friends.She loves to make up Limericks!
This is the exact reason I wanted you to meet her. She has a talent, I tell you. It's amazing what she can do with a few rhyming words. So without further ado, I'll let the words speak for themselves.

A Thanksgiving Limerick

Oh wow, look around--what a blessing!

The turkey, the pie and the dressing

We'll give so much thanks
We'll have to buy spanx
The holidays are here, but who's stressing??

Do you love it? Let her know and leave a note. Possibly we could get her started as a regular part of this blog. Limerick's just make this world a better place.




From deep down in both of our hearts, we wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving!




2 comments:

Jori Gandy said...

LOVE it! Amy, you are a blessing! And yes, I love limericks. No matter what a limerick is about, it's always funny. And who doesn't need more of that?

Janee said...

Jori, you are an amazing woman! I am absolutely certain I don't know a single other math-loving, limerick writing, Jazzercize intructing, m&m loving, Jesus serving, world-travelled, 30 year old woman! (MATH-loving?! You've got to be kidding!) :) - Janee