Monday, March 23, 2009

Shoulda Putta Ring On It


"Every time I meet a new girl, they always live out of town and I'll never see them again."
Says my 12 year old son, after leaving a wedding this weekend and meeting a new young lady from Ponca City, Oklahoma. I ponder this statement and curiously ask, "just how many young ladies HAVE you actually loved and lost, my young friend?" In his entire 12 years of life, it's only been a couple of months that I have noticed this budding interest in the ladies. You know the kind that starts with,"I really want Naomie to win on the Bachelor because I think she's hot!" I think it's only fair to ask, don't you?


Besides, I have to be as prepared as possible for that day in the very near future when his dating life surpasses my near to non-existent one.

No comments: