Saturday, March 27, 2010

In This Moment

What am I doing right now? Sitting in a hospital waiting room while a sweet friend has gone to the serene side of dreamland so doctors can work some kinks out in her neck.



Top five things to do in hospital waiting rooms:

1. People watch and eavesdrop. 
Nearby a mom and her twenty-something daughter exchanged the most sincere and deepest of silent exchanges as the daughter was swept off to pre-op with no explanation of the events to come. Both of them distressed and unsure of when they would see each other again. Eyes glossy with tears seem to subside as another waiting room attendee re-assured her she would see her daughter again before the procedure commenced.

Another couple of older gentleman bonded over their similar plights as radio men on fighter planes in WWII.
2. Catch up on blog reading.
Laughing out loud at this post. (Guess someone else is being entertained in their own waiting room by watching me!)
Mopping up my melted heart after reading this post. I don't have a daughter, but I am one. And- Oh, how I dream of a man with heart of gold like this.

3. Checking up on my overflowing inbox.

4. Reading- I know, I know. Don't judge a book by it's cover. But, how can you resist a book with this title?


Pulling back the cover on this treasure to explore how I can get on board with being a Tramp For the Lord, because who wouldn't want that?


Sucked in by Chapter 1.

5. Glancing at the itenerary board more oft' than I should to check on the status of my sweet friends surgery and having to remind myself that I am not looking up a flight number in an airport each time  I look up there.


Happy Waiting Days Friends,




No comments: