Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tasty Veggies- No Kidding

I wish I had a functioning camera right now. If I did, I would share the most beautiful food pictures with you. The pictures don't do the recipe justice though, so I'll just share the goods with you now.

Roasted Vegetable Enchilada Stack

1 Pablano Pepper cut in matchsticks
2 Red Bell Peppers cut in matchsticks
1/2 Head of Cauliflower
1/2 Medium Onion Slice
Olive Oil
Garlic Powder
Cumin
1 lb ground turkey
1 1/2 cups of salsa verde
1-2 cups of grated cheese
Corn tortillas
Fresh Spinach

In a casserole dish or cookie sheet place all of the chopped veggies except for the spinach. Drizzle with olive oil, garlic powder, and cumin. Stir to coat. Roast in over on 425 for about 20-30 minutes or until veggies are tender. While the veggies are roasting, brown some ground turkey and season with garlic powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. (Or just use a taco seasoning packet).

After the veggies have roasted, layer your ingredients in a casserole dish in the following order:
Salsa Verde
Corn tortillas
Roasted Veggies
Hamburger meat
Spinach
Cheese

Repeat and top with cheese. Bake at 350 for 20-30 minutes or until cheese is bubbly and browning on top. Serve with sour cream.

Y'all- my kid ate cauliflower! Make this dish. You won't be sorry; I PROMISE!!!

Happy Eating,

1 comment:

Christi said...

Where's the picture???? You know, pictures can entice even me to eat vegetables! :-) Sounds tasty and I am going to try it!
P.S. I tricked Johnny into eating cooked spinach last night, too!